Finally the 12th renowned non-governmental Golshiri Literary Awards came to a conclusion.
According to ILNA , the concluding ceremony of the 12th Hooshang Golshiri Literary Awards was held yesterday (Friday, Feb 22, 2013) at the personal house of Bahman Farmanara with the presence of Simin Behbahani, Javad Mojabi, Mahmoud Dowlatabadi, Ali-Ashraf Darvishian, Zia Movahed, Babak Ahmadi, and Farzaneh Taheri.
This year, only the debut novels and debut shrot story collections competed for the final award, said Taheri, head of Golshiri Foundation. This is the fourth time that the ceremony is held in a private mansion rather than a public place due to difficulties imposed on this independent literary award, hence affecting the volume and limiting the sections of the awards only to debuts.
One of the main axes of all speakers in the ceremony, according to ILNA, is the suffocating situations that hard censorship has caused for creative writers leading them to a dangerous state of self-censorship in the mental process of artistic creation.
During the ceremony Mahmoud Dowlatabadi was commemorated for a lifetime literary achievement. The winners of debut short story collections are:
- Mohammad Tolouei for the collection I'm not Janette
- Spideh Siavashi for the collection Laugh in Persian
And the finalists of debut novels are:
- Qal'eh-Morqi: Pyramid Period by Salman Amin
- Partridge Hunting by Reza Zangi Abadi
Also, the list of noteworthy short story pieces competing in this year's Golshiri Awards is as follows:
- "The Feeling Only a Hairdresser May Experience" from Today, Saturday; Yusef Ansari, Afraz Publications
- "Ophelia, Opheia!", from My Favorite Buddhist Crocodile From Newzealand; Asieh Nezam Shahidi, Hila Publications
- "The Next Station", from Stone Wall's Bossom; Mohammad Rezaei Rad, Ilia Publications
- "Let Me Imagine", from The Cemetry's Got No Roof; Saman Azadi, Cheshmeh Publications
- "Pamazar", from Now I've Got a Red Sun Hat; Atieh Javadi Rad, Cheshmeh Publications
- "Somewhere Called Tamasuka", from Somewhere Called Tamasuka; Felamak Joneidi, Cheshmeh Publications
- "Incident in Jukie Club", from Jump and Paper Flowers; Masoud Meinavi, Afraz Publications
- "The Well Sisters", from The Well Sisters; Mozhdeh Sajedin, Ilia Publications
- "Sisterhood" from Laugh in Persian; Sepideh Siavashi, Qatreh & Torkaman
- "Woman in Necklace", from Tack on Cat's Tail; Aida Moradi Ahani, Cheshmeh Publications
- "The Colonel", from The Colonel; Atousa Afshin Navid, Cheshmeh Publications
- "Soil Journey", from Soil Journey; Ebrahim Mahdizadeh, Cheshmeh Publications
- "The Big Dog of the Red-Brick House", from Dash; Hadi Keykavoosi, Cheshmeh Publications
- "Leila Beyoğlu", from I'm Not Janette; Mohammad Tolouei, Ofoq Publications
Photos by Ali Shirkhodayi--ILNA. See more photos here
A noteworthy report: On the never-ending marginal debates over Golshiri Awards, by Hassan Homayun [Persian]